HMRC: A small business = less than 50 employees AND turnover or balance sheet under £10 million
Every small business is different.
From Accountancy Practices, Law firms, Architects, to Garages.
All can benefit from more and higher spending customers.
This website shows you how developing certain types of Marketing for you can bring opportunities you never thought existed. Sometimes this is done in one step. Sometimes more. When it is more than one or two steps, expenditure is more of an investment which pays back over a longer period, eg: Establishing an Image, Reputation or a Brand. If you already have a brand or reputation, to strengthen it and make it much more widely known. Go through this website carefully and you will understand the rationale. Because if you do, this will happen:
Although the principles outlined in this website can be utilised by any size business, small businesses particularly benefit by:
- Identification of the most important aspects that can be improved. This is done by an understanding of:
- What matters most and what doesn’t (key relevant variables)
- How to improve the returns on your website or creation of a new one that achieves much more (and the reasoning for this).
- An improvement of online presence, including a demonstration of the latest advertising areas and techniques that will boost your customer
- New ideas and fresh thinking. You’d be surprised how just small changes sometimes make all the difference. Assumptive decision making is certainly much quicker. It is also
- Data driven decision making replacing assumptive decision making and guesswork, the latter two leaving too much to luck, not informed planning. Experience is always best supplemented by important, relevant feedback and other types of
Data Driven Decision Making
Where are you on the ladder ?
Most decision making in small companies is made from owner experience. This makes it fast and often right. But not always right. And certainly not that good outside the the owner’s industry. As time goes by the owner learns that Marketing can help them far more than they initially thought.
We can work with you to add to what you already have
Companies do not realise how much we can actually contribute. This is because experience is not the whole story:
- Experience spans the industry you are in and not supportive
Expertise from other disciplines such Professional Marketing (Getting more and higher value customers then you could imagine), Financial Planning (Analysis and Evaluation of your figures), Human Resources (selecting the best people) all add to what you already have.
- Experience is not comprehensive (learning curves always continue) – even in your Environments and scenarios constantly change. Eg: The Online revolution has dramatically changed people’s buying habits for instance which affect almost all small businesses.
People research a lot more before they buy now. 90% of it is internet research. The searching stage has to be interceptedbefore competition does. Makes sense ?
See the next section “the buyer journey” and you will appeciate how professional Marketing can help you.
Professional Marketing people are specially trained (and most have practical experience) to work in all sizes of business.
They can make your offering appear so attractive it’s difficult for new customers to say no.
They are people who create the best environments so you either don’t need any selling because your services or products sell themselves, OR so a first contact with a customer is easy because you already have what they want in all key areas (Marketing).
- Experience is not data driven. Experience relies on being able to appraise situations without all the facts because most facts, in limited scenarios, can be reasonably assumed. However experience is not an insurance policy against making mistakes. Knowing all the facts on which experience can be applied is safer, and having other disciplines input aswell is better
The answer is to work with people who can add to your experience by providing you with guidance, information and results in things that are not your field, to produce astonishing results.
The start is a web site or an improved website, because that to new customers is your shop window and gives first impressions.
We make sure they are good ones.
And making sure that you are found easily on the main search engines. Leading to more business for you.
And if you’re happy with the results from that, we can discusss producing a proper brand for you, so using you becomes a reflex action and not one for consideration.